If you’re ever wondering why QBO is not finding a match when adding transactions, here are some reasons.
- The transaction is older than 180 days
- The dollar amount in QuickBooks is different than what cleared the bank.
- The transaction type is different in QuickBooks than at the bank. QuickBooks wants to match a cheque with a cheque, and an expense with a debit or credit transaction. You will need to search QBO for the value of the transaction.
- The transaction was recorded in a different bank account
- The transaction from the bank is a payment/ deposit of two or more open transactions in QuickBooks.
If some of these reasons are possible, you will need to either look into the history of the transaction or search QBO for the value of the transaction.